Long time since I wrote something here. Hopefully this post will help wake things up a bit :)
Recently I got a new home NAS server (actually it is was a gift) - a 4 TB WD My Cloud, which i'm very impressed with by now (But that's a topic for a different post ;))
So... the first thing a did after setting this cute NAS up, was start moving stuff to it from my computer's local HD.
Problem started when the libraries I configured on my machine were no longer pointing the right place, so I tried adding the folder on the NAS's network share, and I was surprised with this message:
- Create a folder on your local machine. Let's say - "C:\Users\Leeran\WdMyCloud".
- In that folder, create a "dummy" folder like "Videos":
- Go to the Videos library and add that dummy folder to you lib, you should see something like this:
- Delete the dummy folder!
- Pop up cmd, and make a symbolic link instead of the dummy folder (same name), to the remote folder, using the mklink command:
- DONE! If you'll take a look at the library, you'll see that the "test.txt" file from before, was magically replaced by you real (non-indexed, non-synced) files from your network folder: