Sunday, June 16, 2013

OSS at its Best

I was on a quest for a good library for Multi-Touch support in a Silverlight application, when I found Multi-Touch Behaviors – which is a nice project that contains Windows Phone / Silverlight Behaviors and WPF samples implementing Multi-Touch Manipulation (Gestures) and Inertia, By Davide Zordan which by chance I also read his blog.

So after deciding to give it a try, I searched for it on the NuGet gallery, which unfortunately yielded no results. I looked at the issues page and found an opened work item about adding a nugget package. That issue had only one vote, so I added another one myself.

Next morning (less than 24 hours!) I received an update that the feature was implemented, also a post on Davide’s blog, and the package was already up on the NuGet gallery!

That friends, Is open source software at its best.

Thanks Davide :)

No comments:

Post a Comment